How can we make our site better?

When browsing .Net standard, show the minimum version a namespace is introduced

It would be great to be able to see the first/minimum version that a namespace is introduced. This way, if you are browsing and realize that you really only need .Net Standard 1.3 instead of 1.6, for example, you can see that quickly without having to flip back and forth. Alternatively, having a feature comparison chart where 2+ .Net versions are selected and their namespaces are compared would serve the same purpose.

15 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael StonisMichael Stonis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael WolfendenMichael Wolfenden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the old site (apisof.net) you were able to see the availability of a type or a methods across all sdks. For instance if you search for Type.isAbstract (https://apisof.net/catalog/System.Type.IsAbstract), you can see that its not available in any netstandard versions (until 2.0). This feature was also useful to show the minimum netstandard version that supported a type / method.

With the new documentation site, once you find a type / method, you have to toggle between all the different sdks and versions to work out this information

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree on that, moreover it would be great to have more TFM info in search results, especially when searching using "All APIs", because OK it found something, but can't quickly acknowledge where a found API is available (and thus where it is not)

Anyway, great job MS, this doc browser is awesome! Thanks a lot!

Feedback and Knowledge Base