How can we make our site better?

RSS Feed

This is a nice format but losing RSS Feed notifications is a drawback.

40 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

jkavanagh58 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Claus Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a Dynamics 365 partner and I have looked at the the RSS feature, and I was looking so much forward to the RSS feature (since we had it previously on the AX WiKI), but I must say, I'm somewhat surprised to see what you can do (or more precise what you cannot do)!

It might be because I not using it the right way, but what I'm trying to do is to setup a "notification" whenever something is changed within an area (e.g. all new stuff to D365 for Finance and Operation, News within Finance, News within D365FO Administration etc.) not when some page in a search is changed.

If I search for “Finance”, I’m cannot be certain that the word “finance” is present on all pages that are finance related.

Could you please give some guidance on how to use the new feature (and please do not respond “Go to the search page and click the RSS icon")?

/Claus

• Thiago Custodio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking forward to this feature. It will really help to track new posts and review the translations. (besides the fact that will help to keep ourselves updated).

• Bjørn Pedersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on enabling RSS Feed notifications for docs.microsoft.com? Really miss this feature after ax.help.dynamics.com was migrated to docs..

• Manabu ISHII commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

仮想マシンのスペック?のページに、新しいものが追加されたり、
        また、なくなったりしたことを知りたいです。
        いつも参考にしていたページが、突然大きく変更になり、以前のっていた情報がなくなりました。
        この場合、サービスとしてなくなったのか、別ページに移動したのかが書いてないと、どうしてよいかわからないです。
        ドキュメントに変更があったらすぐに問い合わせをしたいので、変更があったときにつうちをうけとりたいです。

• mike lorengo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Having a RSS feed of newly updated/created documentation topics/articles is really helpful in keeping up on the latest changes in Azure. You guys are producing a lot of great documentation, so consuming "what's changed/new" via an RSS reader has been really helpful. For example. I just found out about this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/best-practices-availability-paired-regions via another blog post https://buildazure.com/2017/01/06/azure-region-pairs-explained/ 2 months later...

• LappeLevel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And also another pseudo-category of 'new category' so people can keep up-to-date with new technologies (but have some control over defining a new category - perhaps some endorsement thresholds?).

• LappeLevel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe: an RSS feed on a personally saved search. Need advanced search capability, eg on a category, sub-categories, eg solution domains / products / features. Allow per-search schedule/triggers - eg daily, weekly, on new, on change. Offer common searches for people to pick from, or customize, or write their own.

• mike lorengo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this was the one way I could keep up with the continuous change and new publications that come out. Please bring this back.

Feedback and Knowledge Base