How can we make our site better?

Review the text layout design

Whilst I think the new layout of the site is much cleaner, and much easier to read & follow content, I do think there should be a review of the approach to using so much 'white space' either side of the content.

For example, I am using the new site, to review a document on my PC. I have the browser window snapped to one side, whilst I walk through the actual settings on another window (snapped to the other half of my screen).
The 'docs' content - on the left hand side - is now limited to two-thirds of the browser window.
A third of that browser page space, on the left hand side, is lost automatically to a menu that is only visible at the top of the page. It's not until you slide the side of the window (inward) to make the broswer page narrower, does the 'white space' dissapear. It's not an intuitive thing to do.
The design might work best where you're using a smaller resolution, but where you have resolution such as 1920x1080, you have the content you want to read in a small part of the screen space.
Is there an option to scale the page sizing based on native resolution ?

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul DeasyPaul Deasy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...